Read all the posts about working life, the skills of living, and family finances.
- The Morrill Act and What It Means for You Don’t go scrambling for the newspapers – the Morrill Act was signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln on July 2, 1862, establishing the land-grant colleges. Morrill Act
Under this legislation, the states received thousands of acres of land (or ‘scrip’ for federal lands in other states – New York’s scrip was, believe it or not, ...
- More FANAFI: Find a Need and Fill It How one man’s passion for colorful golf pants turned into an international phenomenon.
- My Christmas Story On holidays, let’s not forget people who have to work to keep us safe.
- Basic Entrepreneurial Rules Still Apply: Find a Need and Fill It Small business success stories: it’s still all about ‘find a need and fill it.”
- Information: The Tool You Have In Your Hands to Help Others in this Economy Getting information to help us through the economic slump.
- Taking Personal Responsibility for Breaking the Recession The connection between people being out of work, the slump in the economy, and job creation.
- Loose Ends and Housekeeping Updates on the chicks, strawberries, et al.
- Time: It’s All We’ve Got How to take advantage and invest in yourself if your hours get cut at work.
- Everything I know about fashion I learned in the barn When times get tough, keeping up appearances might be the best investment you make. Here’s why.
- It takes a village – to get a job When times get tough, you need all the friends you can get or make.
- Sometimes, you’ve got to grow your own luck Now just might be the time to consider seriously about starting your own business.
- Do the Drill: Brain rehearsal for job loss Things to think about which will help you prepare for getting a new job if you are concerned about losing the job you have now.
- What do you know? What do you know? What do you need to know? What can you learn how to do? In this economy, old skills may not be enough.
- Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, or, Some Really Important Stuff To Know In Today’s Economy If you are in fear of losing your job, there are ways to get ready to make your move – here is one.
Bad Behavior has blocked 558 access attempts in the last 7 days.